On the 15th of February 2012, 28 school-students from school №150 have taken part in a seminar «Ecological hour». The lesson have spent Community and Communications Manager of Alcoa SMZ Olga Kayomova and the expert in ecological education of the Training Center Tatiana Guguyeva.
The lesson «Influence of production on the environment of Samara – region, on the example of Alcoa SMZ» was opened by Tatiana Guguyeva, who told to the students about Training Center and it’s collaboration with Alcoa SMZ in the Project «Green City».
Then the floor was given to Olga Kayomova, who is not only interesting and accessible told the students about Alcoa as a whole, but also highlighted the environmental aspect of the company, and the Samara plant in particular. Slideshow, presented by Olga, attracted the attention of students, who asked her their questions. In addition, Olga gave the students some advice, following which, the children themselves may affect the preservation of ecological health in the region. Here are some of them:
- Remove the phone battery chargers on the network, after the phone been charged;
- Collect in a beaker and turn off the water while brushing your teeth;
- Use linen bags for shopping in stores, avoid plastic bags;
- When shopping, look for drinks in aluminum containers, not plastic bottles.
Biology teacher and school project coordinators Gulchekhra Salimova and Svetlana Lukiyanova, and thanked the guests and invited them to a new meetings.
1. Participants of a seminar
2. Tatiana Guguyeva about the program «Green City»
3. Olga Kayomova told about the Alcoa Company
4. …the environmental aspect of the company’s work